Summer is coming!
Summer is coming!
Jim Parsons discovers one of the 3 things that makes a TV show good for gifs.
|Daario Naharis:||The Second Sons took the Meereen's navy.|
|Daenerys Targaryen:||Who told you to take that navy?|
|Daario Naharis:||No one.|
|Daenerys Targaryen:||So why did you do it?|
|Daario Naharis:||I heard you like ships.|
|Daenerys Targaryen:||*little smile*|
|Daenerys Targaryen:||SHIP ALL THE SHIPS|
Look at this face! @mikerugnetta
THE “OFFICIAL” RULES OF BOOBS, DEATHS, DINKS as played by East and West contingents of people-I’ve-watched-GoT-with:
- Beforehand, everyone provides a guess as to how many boobs, how many deaths, and how many scenes with Peter Dinklage will be in that night’s episode.
- This can go either by column or by row. Either everyone guesses boobs in order, then deaths, etc. Or the first person guesses all three, then the next person. Different groups like different methods.
- One person is selected as note-taker for ep. They should get a piece of paper. Others can help keep count, but it’s the note-taker’s ultimate responsibility. (Book-fans make the best note-takers if available).
- At the end of the ep. each player gets a score for each category. Their score is how many numbers off their guess was (no Price is Right rules…you can go over). Your total score is your boobs, death, and dink scores added together.
- The player with the lowest total score wins. Ties are acceptable.
- Prizes to be awarded at hosts discretion.
- BOOBS: traditionally only human lady boobs count (feel free to include peen in this category, just let everyone know ahead of time). The boob count is determined by exposed nipple. Boobs are counted singularly, rather than in pairs (there can be odd numbered boob counts). Seeing the same character’s boobs in multiple scenes does not count as multiple boobs. Dead boobs count.
- DEATHS: deaths are counted as any on screen death or the off-screen death during the episode of a named character (animals with names count).
- DINKS: Dinklage scenes go by screenplay rules. Different shots within the same scene/location do not another Dink make. But a new scene with Dinklage, even if there has been no cut to another character or scene in between, still counts.
- AMBIGUITY: All of these can be difficult to discern. Fervent debate encouraged. Coincidentally, drinking also encouraged.
Distributing the official rules.
If we are at a bar with a photobooth and I disappear to the bathroom for a long time, I’m probably in the photobooth.
Today is my first ‘day off’ in a few years. Spending it with this bonehead & our new credenza.
From our friends at The Salt.
Thousands of people cross the U.S.-Mexico border everyday. An untold number buytostilocos — chips loaded with toppings many might consider loco, as in crazy.
The gastronomic marvel that is tostilocos involves a snack-sized bag of salsa verde-flavored Tostitos piled with hot sauce, pickled pork rinds, chopped cucumbers, jicama, deep-fried peanuts, tamarind candy, pickled fruit sauce called chamoy and a squeeze of lime. All those toppings go straight in the bag, and often spill out over the sides.
This combination of salt, sour, sweet and heat will set you back about $3. And it is not for the faint of heart.
GIF Credit: Kainaz Amaria/NPR
Stunning Electric-Blue Flames Erupt From Volcanoes - Olivier Grunewald.
Sulfur combusts on contact with air to create stunning blue lava-like rivers of light in the Kawah Ijen crater on the island of Java.Kawah Ijen is one of several volcanoes situated in a 20 km radius in East Java, Indonesia. The caldera of Kawah Ijen harbors a kilometer-wide, turquoise colored, acidic crater lake that leaks sulphurous gases. At night the hot gases burn to emit an eerie blue glow that is unique to Kawah Ijen. The gases emerge from the cracks in the volcano at high pressure and temperature, up to 600°C, and when they come in contact with the air, they ignite, sending flames up to 16 feet high. Some of the gases condense into liquid sulfur, and continues to burn as it flows down the slopes giving the feeling of blue lava flowing.